Umatilla Rural Fire Protection Distrct
We are still accepting applications for the Class of 2023 so apply now before it's too late!
The Resident Intern program is designed for the new or experienced firefighter or EMT. The Resident Intern program provides the student with valuable training and benefits, but more importantly, the experience that cannot be attained in a classroom. This useful knowledge is gained by working side by side with our professional personnel on day-to-day operations and emergency scenes.
- Living accommodations including utilities and laundry
- Scholarships for college tuition, books, and fees while working on a degree in emergency services or related fields
- Training in all aspects of structure and wild land firefighting, emergency medicine, and fire prevention
- Experience working with trained professionals
- Must be at least 18 years old
- No felony record
- Meet the physical fitness requirements recommended in NFPA 1582
- Hold a valid and insurable OR driver's license
- Maintain a 2.5 GPA with a C grade minimum in each class
- Maintain a minimum of 12 credits per term towards a degree in fire science, emergency medicine, nursing, or criminal justice
To apply for our resident intern program, please click on the link below to download the application. Once completed, please email it to firstname.lastname@example.org